Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Hip Hop is nothing but gangsta Party!

/




What’s the hype about Hip Hop?






On the 28th of January 1988 South Africa’s prince of Hip Hop, Kiernan Jordan Forbes was born also known as AKA.  From the age of 14 AKA had discovered a cool street style music which had then led him to the big dream of becoming a Hip Hop star. In 2005 AKA was part of the group called "Entity" who released the album “The Royal School Of Hip Hop”. Being part of this crew allowed AKA to broaden his dream, and show off his talent to the rest of South Africa. Although the group departed a year later, that was not the end for AKA.

                                        !!Centre Stage!!


He became a music producer for IV league and focused on his solo career. This career had given him many opportunities little did he know the best was yet to come.  AKA had set the Hip hop game in SA on fire in the year 2011 with his comeback solo album Altar Ego (hyperlink). The album which included singles such as victory lap had won him best male artist of the year.  He continued to chase his dream over Beastly beats, rhymes, and free words. And just when we thought he had it all. This young talented and skillful artist who is not just a hip hop artist, showed the world that he has more to offer. AKA became an ambassador of a local urban clothing line called the Head Honcho making him a trendsetter!
South African Hip Hop Artist

How did social media scoop the young artist??

Social media worked as a foundation for AKA to express himself and allow the rest of the world to take a glance into his life. AKA used Instagram to show the world what he was all about, through his pictures posts. On his account one can see how he showcases himself as a brand and what his label is bringing to us. Another way that AKA used social media is by expressing himself over twitter. On twitter we see that he is a very stern and opinionated person. Which often leaves the artist making headlines and more famous.

Details For Metro FM Awards
Call to action!

Recently AKA has been nominated for the:

Best Hip Hop album
Best collabo “All eyes on me”
Song of the year “congratulate”
At the Metro Fm awards, in order for him to win  you can vote by Dialing *120*588#


After all these great achievements thus far AKA still continues to feed his passion for the SA local Hip hop industry and soar to great heights to reach the top.  We are eager to see what he has in store for us and wait with excitement!


16 comments:

  1. In the beginning AKA had the opportunity to take South African hip hop to an international level but he let his ego get in the way of success. Dont get me wrong I have nothing against the guy infact I love his music, if only he would grow up he could really go far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes AKA is known to have a very big ego and it might have gotten in the way when it came to going international at that time.But it is clear that he has achieved great things locally and is now on the road to being internationally known. As his latest single has made it onto the MTV BASE UK charts..http://www.mtvbase.com/news/akas-single-goes-global/

      Delete
    2. Well then good for him but watch how he lets his ego gets in the way of that.

      Delete
    3. Ego or no ego AKA will always be a talented hip hop artist...

      Delete
  2. To be honest I not a fan of his music, actually not a fan of most rappers. In my opinion I think he sometimes rips most artists beats, take 'Congradulate' that chorus is not his. I think he gets lazy. Fame went to his head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I do agree with you when you say that the song congratulate is originally somebody else's song. I personally feel like he is trying to bring in different flavours to SA hip hop music and you should give him a chance and see what his capable of doing.

      Delete
  3. I get that he wants to add different flavours to hip hop in SA. Remember last year when we learned about copyrights and how you have to acknowledge the original author of the work, did he do that and did he at least pay the author some of the royalties he was getting from that song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no proof whether or not he acknowledged the original artist.. but still there is also no way we will know if he got into trouble for copyright or not. at the end he still achieved what he wanted by creating such a track. and that is number 1 on music charts and award nominations.

      Delete
  4. I feel as though AKA should take his hip hop international where there is a better platform and his style of rap will be more recognised. I personally like AKA he is the definition of SA hip hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quite happy that you feel the same way about the talented artist .I do believe that in time he will get recognised internationally especially if he continues working as hard as he is now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog Chanee!I agree on the fact that on twitter we see that he is a very stern and opinionated person,but I do not feel that this does not always allow him to make headlines..I feel that the practical part to his life allows him to make headlines not just all his statements made on twitter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney..I guess whatever he does makes headlines lol. As long as it doesn't get in the way of his success

      Delete
  7. I am really glad you did not include Cassper Nyovest along the same line with AKA, been reading a lot of blogs on how hip-hop has been transformed by Cassper Nyovest! i feel anyone who says that is out of his or her senses! AKA has been there and is in t a different league... i respect someone who has been in a game for long not just 5 metro awards then you done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I am a big fan of AKA however I don't have anything against Cassper. They are both talented artists I just love AKA more

      Delete
  8. I do believe that AKA let his ego get in the way of his success, which has allowed the likes of Casper to take the spotlight, however i do believe that AKA can be an international star because i believe that he can best represent South African hip hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must disagree with you when you say his ego got in the way of his success i believe that no matter what he has achieved alot and is destined for success with or without an ego

      Delete